[Tutor] I need Help

tayo rotimi finsolut2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 8 18:24:34 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am a new beginner/learner of Python. My first challenge is that I am unable to install the Python IDLE after downloading it from Python website. When I hit on the 'run' button, i got the error message below:

"This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this a valid Window Installer Package."

Furthermore, I read from the 'python for absolute beginners' text book that I need to add some code to the end of path in my computer property. Could this really be the solution to my problem? If it is, then I don't know how get such code to add.

I don't know what to do.

I use Windows 7 OS.

Could someone help provide me a guide?

Regards to all.