[Tutor] I Need Help - further details now provided.

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Sep 10 00:28:07 CEST 2012

On Sun, Sep 09, 2012 at 08:20:19PM +0100, Matthew Ngaha wrote:
> SORRY i wrote to you not the mailing list:(
>
> im a beginner myself, and those instructions seem very complicated for
>  me.

What instructions are you talking about?

I'm sure that was very clear in your head when you wrote that, but think
about how it looks to us. We could be reading your email hours, days,
even months later. We see your comment about complicated instructions,
but all context is lost and we have no idea what instructions you mean.
You could be taking about anything.

>  But i did install Python and everything included with no problem.
>  You need at least Python 3.1 for this book we have. its what the
>  author recommended. version 2.7 as you have shown in the link is too
>  old as it has different syntax. Try downloading Python from the link i
>  included, you will have no trouble installing IDLE with this link.

I'm not sure who you are talking to here. Most of us already have Python
installed.

As a matter of fact, I have at least ten different versions of Python
installed: Python 1.5, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, 3.3, Jython, IronPython
and even an ancient copy of Python 0.9, and let me tell you that is
*really* different. What I don't have is a crystal ball to tell what you
are talking about <wink>

--
Steven