[Tutor] Help - My First Program Fails

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Sep 10 15:51:28 CEST 2012

On 10/09/12 19:40, tayo rotimi wrote:
> Hi Steven.
>

> Thank you for your answer below. The program now runs,
>using print("Game Over").
>
> I use Python 3..; but the book - python for absolute
>beginner - that I have is an old (2003) edition. I don't
>know how this combination may affect my learning, going
>forward. Could you please suggest how I can something
>current.

You could buy a more current book that covers Python 3 :)

E.g. http://www.apress.com/9781430216322

(This is not a recommendation, just the first one I
stumbled across.)

But honestly, there aren't that many differences between
Python 2 and 3. print is the main one. There are a few
others, but they are mostly advanced functionality.

In my opinion, with a little bit of care and attention to
detail, if you are prepared to check the notes in the Fine
Manual and if necessarily ask for help here, you can learn
Python 3 from a Python 2 book. It won't be *as* convenient,
of course, but it will be doable.

--
Steven