[Tutor] How to send email from a gmail a/c using smtp when port 587(smtp) is blocked

ashish makani ashish.makani at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 23:44:08 CEST 2012

Folks,

some more context so people presume we are spammers :)

These emails are automated diagnostic emails sent to a group of a few
admins, so we get notified when a python heartbeat script, detects a
failure in things like n/w connectivity, router status, etc.
We dont use university email, we use gmail.

Emile,
Please don't presume people's intentions (that we are sending spam) & judge
people without knowing anything about them.
We are a tiny startup trying to connect rural communities using voice & ivr
systems - http://gramvaani.org/

Best,
ashish