[Tutor] Musical note on python

Dwight Hutto dwightdhutto at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 18:01:17 CEST 2012

> You have again snipped the entire context so nobody has a clue what you're
> replying to.
>

> Cheers.
>
> Mark Lawrence.

My last post refers to a previous post by eryksun. If you can't look
up and read it, that's cool, because you're the only one complaining.

And to put it into context that you're a complete jackass, look at the
context in this post, which is two above your last post(especially the
end part):

Please hit reply to all when responding.

You should be able to type in 'sudo apt-get install speaker-test' or
'yum speaker-test'

<dvnsarma at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is what I got

It should look like this:

import os
os.system("speaker-test"+" --frequency 2000"+" --period 5000"+ "--test sine")

You can copy and paste it to see.

This assumed you had speaker-test, you might have another command line
app that does the same thing. So if the instructions to download above
don't work. Let me know.

Note that there is a space before everything in the string, except the
first, speaker-test, other wise it looks like this to the command
line:

speaker-test--frequency2000--period5000--test sine

The space before the " --frequency 2000", and the rest makes it look like:

speaker-test --frequency 2000 --period 5000 --test sine

so put a space at the beginning of every string except speaker-test

If you have Windows, then you should be on the pywin32 list, I usually
assume linux on this list, but both get answered.

Remember to read this:
http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Mark is right, besides the little back and forth, that in fact you
need to describe, otherwise I have a tendency to speculate;)

--
Best Regards,
David Hutto