[Tutor] simple random string generator

Matthew Dalrymple computer_dude15 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 17 04:45:35 CEST 2012

hey im new to the tutor thing so please correct me if im doing something wrong. Anyway what i am trying to do is make a simple string (word) generator and get it to make strings (or words) starting at 10 chars up to 100 in steps of 5 using a make word function. Now my problem is how do i get it to run the mkword function and manipulate the n value to fit those requirements? the main goal of the assignment is to get it to generate the strings (words) and compare it to itself so we can see the time it takes to compare using different methods. http://pastie.org/4735416 the problem lies in the "main()" function i know that. there is my code...in no way am i asking anyone to do it for me! i really want to learn but i feel like my professor is kinda doing a questionable job teaching it...this will be my second semester of python and i have just started dealing with classes and multiple functions about a week ago and also trying to switch from 2.7 to 3.2. also another question and hopefully someone has some suggestions for me...i am just having problems learning python...like in understand it, i can read it, and know what is going on and what needs to be done...but when it comes to writing it i just dont know how to do it...  does anyone else have this prob? and is there anything i can do to start really soaking it in? thanks in advance guys :)