[Tutor] combining c and python

Chris Fuller cfuller084 at thinkingplanet.net
Mon Sep 17 19:43:30 CEST 2012

The official documentation covers this in some detail:
http://docs.python.org/extending/
http://docs.python.org/c-api/

Cython is an alternate implementation of Python. It's more of a blending of
Python and C. It won't, in general, run Python source code or your favorite
third-party library. To run C alongside Python, you need to use the API.

You can interface Cython with straight C, of course, but not in a way that
will work with the standard interpreter.

Cheers