[Tutor] Tutor Digest, Vol 103, Issue 124

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue Sep 25 19:30:20 CEST 2012

On 26/09/12 02:06, Afzal Hossain wrote:
> hi i am trying to install python3.1.5 tgz in windows 7 but not getting
> exe file for installing.can u help me for this

Hello and welcome!

Four comments:

Firstly, DO NOT reply to posts to start a new question. Always create a
fresh new email, not a reply, to start a new discussion.

Secondly, when sending an email, ALWAYS make sure the subject line is
relevant and useful. "Re: [Tutor] Tutor Digest, Vol 103, Issue 124" is
not relevant and not useful.

Thirdly, if you reply to an email, ALWAYS trim out the text that is not
relevant to your question. In this case, your post included copies of
five emails we have already seen, nearly 400 lines of pointless text.

We are volunteers here, we are not paid, and if you take the time to
write good, careful emails, we are much more likely to take the time
to give good, useful answers. If you don't, we are more likely to
reply in kind with lazy, thoughtless answers -- or no answer at all.

Finally, is there a reason you are using Python 3.1.5? That is an old
version. The current version is Python 3.2, and the Windows installers
are here:

http://www.python.org/getit/releases/3.2.3/

Make sure you pick the right Windows installer for your system. Only
use the x86-64 version if you have 64-bit Windows.

If you don't need a production-stable version, I recommend you use
the latest beta version:

http://www.python.org/getit/releases/3.3.0

If you really need version 3.1.5, you will find the source code here:

http://www.python.org/getit/releases/3.1.5

There is no exe file because it is source-only. You will need a C
compiler to build it.

Good luck!

--
Steven