[Tutor] is there a simple stand alone python app I can use on my Kindle fire?

ah arwh at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 1 03:18:52 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm enjoying learning python, and would like to be able to study and practice on the go, using my kindle fire reader. (wifi enabled).

Amazon does have an app, Qpython lite, but requires a  live wifi connection to the internet to run. I'm looking for a simple python app, stand alone that i can run on my kindle, without an internet connection,  just to practice while i learn. (Just a simple terminal, and text editor, and python? like ubuntu offers.)

I've tried downloading portable python, and couldnt' get it to run ('can't run in DOS mode?'), I've tried downloading ubuntu to my kindle and couldn't, and tried downloading the whole 2.7 python app, but couldn't get it to run.

I tried to root my kindle, but as I'm inexperienced in things tech, i'm not sure if I was successful, and not sure how this helps (if I was successful.)

I have both windows 7 and ubuntu (dual boot) on my laptop, and can connect my kindle to the laptop via usb cable. I have "accept downloads from other applications" enabled on my kindle. On my kindle I have 'better terminal emulator pro' , ES file explorer, and droidedit.

Any help is appreciated, I'm willing to follow step by step instructions to get python running on my kindle. I will supply any other details required.

My kindle fire specs are : Model D01400

The Kindle Fire features a 7” display module from LG Display. The
display is dual-sourced between LG Display and E Ink Holdings. The
display touchscreen appears to be conventional capacitive glass on glass and the control IC on the touchscreen is from a previously unseen
source. Meanwhile, the OMAP4430 applications processor from Texas
Instruments is a dual-core RM Cortex-A9, 1GHz processor with IVA 3
Hardware Accelerator, SGX540 3D Graphic Core, 1080P 2D, 720P 3D and is
produced in 45nm process geometry.

Other key features include a
 8GB eMMC NAND Flash Memory, 4Gbits of low power DDR2, a 3.7V battery
with 4400mAh capacity (or about 16 Wh), and a module from Jorjin, which
is based on Texas Instruments’ WL1270.