[Tutor] design question (Django?)

Wayne Werner wayne at waynewerner.com
Thu Apr 18 14:42:15 CEST 2013

On Sun, 14 Apr 2013, Don Jennings wrote:

> On Apr 14, 2013, at 7:06 AM, Albert-Jan Roskam wrote:
>

>> > Subject: Re: [Tutor] design question (Django?)

>> Would it also be a good idea to simultaneously make a paper-and-pencil drawing of the UI?
>
> Absolutely! Test it with three users. See Jakob Nielsen's brief take on the matter:

A recommendation - check out Balsamiq Mockups for UI design. If you plan
to make this project open source they'll provide you a free license (with
a bit of documentation, e.g. link to project on Bitbucket/Github/etc with
a OSI approved license).

They also have a free web demo that's pretty powerful and just nags every
5 (or 15?) minutes. http://www.balsamiq.com/

I've not found a better tool for doing quick and rough UI mockps!

HTH,
Wayne