[Tutor] Python Script: Downloading Youtube videos by search result

Sayan Chatterjee sayanchatterjee at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 13:44:17 CEST 2013

Dear All,

I want to download some music from youtube.There are already marvellous
python scripts like youtube-dl which downloads videos and playlists from
numerous sites,but what I want to do is to download videos from youtube
with a search string. The user will give a search string, and the script
will download first 20(say) videos from the youtube.The script will use
youtube-dl on the backend and avconv tool for video to MP3 conversion etc.

How should I proceed to make such a script. I am a newbie in Python but I
am sure with your guidance I can pick it up quite fast. :)

Cheers,
Sayan

*Sayan  Chatterjee*
Dept. of Physics and Meteorology