[Tutor] How to find reverse pair words in a list of Words that has to be accessed through a URL

Chetan Sai chetansaip at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 23:19:10 CEST 2013

Hi Don

I'm a beginner in Python Programming.

I'm using python 3. I wrote a program that checks whether given two words
are reverse pair or not and outputs TRUE/FALSE.

*def reverse_pair(a,b):*
*    return list(a)==list(reversed(list(b)))*
*
*
*
*
But how to write a program that finds all the reverse pairs in the given
word list, eg: how to find the reverse pair words in a list of 20 words.
And that to how to access those list of words form a URL.

Because with the above code we can only find out whether the given 2 words
are reverse pair or not, that's it.

I'm thinking of using the below code which is written for Python 2.7.

 Code:

def reverse_pair(word_list, word):
    """Checks whether a reversed word appears in word_list.

    word_list: list of strings
    word: string
    """
    rev_word = word[::-1]
    return in_bisect(word_list, rev_word)

if __name__ == '__main__':
    word_list = make_word_list()

    for word in word_list:
        if reverse_pair(word_list, word): print word, word[::-1]

--
Thanks & Regards

Sai Chetan Pothula
408-203-3323