[Tutor] does anyone know a good module for automation

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 21 02:28:56 CEST 2013

On 20/04/13 23:07, Frank Schiro wrote:

> Unless you think pywinauto would work in a game envoirnment ? I think it
> might but have not tried it because no games on my pc... I just know it
> didnt work for internet explorer.

I don't know pywinauto but the lowest common denominator on Windows is
the Win32 API and the Windows messages. You can use either ctypes or
pythonwin to access those and/or create your own to simulate button
presses and mouse clicks etc. Doing that you can automate anything in
windows, but its a non trivial, error prone and frustrating exercise so
its better to get a higher level library if you can.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site