[Tutor] trouble installing library

Lolo Lolo losermeloser at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 24 14:51:09 CEST 2013

Thanks for the help guys

>> Scripts\activate.bat is a relative path, assuming your current working
>> directory is that of the virtual environment.

your suggestion work. Initially i was doing Scripts/activate or Scripts/activate.bat. I guess it didnt like "/" and i didnt realise the difference. I have stumbled on a new error. The tutorial is aware i willl get an error because its explaining virtualenv. it wants me to type:

$ virtualenv --no-site-packages gmapenv
$ cd gmapenv
$ ls
bin/  include/  lib/
$ . bin/activate
$ python -c 'import googlemaps'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named googlemaps                   <<<<<<<< error line

so i get the import error, but when i type:

python -c 'import googlemaps' or py -3 -c 'import googlemaps' i get this error:

  File "<string>", line 1
    'import
          ^
SyntaxError: EOL while scanning string literal

which i guess means my program didnt get up to trying to import the file