[Tutor] (no subject)

#PATHANGI JANARDHANAN JATINSHRAVAN# JATINSHR001 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Tue Aug 13 18:43:12 CEST 2013

Hello All,

I am solving problem number 5 in project euler. I think my solution seems logically correct but it is not giving an answer as it is taking too long to execute. So can someone suggest an alternative solution? Here is my source code:

import sys
def check(num):
  lis=[20,19,18,17,16,14,13,11]  #because a no. divisible by 20 is divisible by 2,4,5 and so on for the values omitted
  for i in lis:
    if num%i==0:
      continue
    else:
      return False
      break

  return True

def main():
  num=2520  # Because we can start from the no. divisible by 1-10
  while not check(num):
    print(num)
    num+=2    # Because num has to be even
  print(num)