[Tutor] Python

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Fri Aug 16 02:53:07 CEST 2013

Jake Wohldmann wrote:

> Hello I am a beginner to using any type of script.  How long does it take
> to become fluent at a script?  I will only be able to practice python on
> weekends since school is starting.  I was also wondering if I could use
> python on my android phone.

Please leave off the html part of your messages.  Tell your email
program to post text messages, not html.

We cannot tell how long a particular person might take to really learn
Python, when he has no previous experience in programming. It could be
weeks of full time work, or it could be years.

When I first studied a programming language it was at least 6 months,
and probably 8 before I first got access to a computer.  And that
language wasn't available, so I had to learn a second.  Neither of those
was as easy as Python, which didn't come till decades later.

Python was approximately the 35th language I've used at various jobs.

There are apparently ways to get Python on Android, but I have no
experience with it.

https://code.google.com/p/python-for-android/
http://www.amazon.com/MI1982-QPython-Python-on-Android/dp/B00AP36S4Y
http://qpython.com/