[Tutor] Python

Wayne Werner wayne at waynewerner.com
Sun Aug 18 19:10:34 CEST 2013

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013, Jake Wohldmann wrote:

> Hello I am a beginner to using any type of programming lanhuage  How long
> does it take to become fluent at a script? Do you know and good sites to
> learn python?  I will only be able to practice python on weekends since
> school is starting.  I was also wondering if I could use python on my
> android phone.

The official python tutorial is pretty handy - www.python.org

Also if you can install 3rd party APKs, search for the SL4a (Scripting
Layer for Android). You can install Python3 (recommended - the future of
Python), or Python2.7 (current version).

Not all 3rd party modules are available for Python3, but most 3rd party modules
aren't available on Android anyway so you wouldn't be missing out too much.

HTH,
Wayne