[Tutor] Runestone Python Course

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 23:38:53 CEST 2013

That doesn't exactly fill me with confidence about the quality of it
considering W3Schools is literally the cesspit of web standards
misinformation...

================
I meant that it was like it in that it had an interactive interpreter, but
it was much better. So far the info is detailed and valid. I've found no
errors - I just dropped one book I was reading when it had an egregious
error about python, showing the author was confused, so I'm not tolerant of
errors in training material.

One other good thing I forgot to mention is that after enlarging a video,
right clicking on it allows you to download it in webm format (playable by
VLC, MPC, and WMP (kind of - Windows Media Player doesn't see the extension
but will play it. Msoft is always a bit behind the times ;')

Darn, gmail made a change that makes it harder to quote the sender name.
Annoying  As a general observation about software, if you make an
"improvement," let those who want the old feature keep it. With OOP, that
shouldn't be hard.

I have no idea what happened with Omar. It could be you have to enroll
directly instead of through google. I've found indirect enrollment doesn't
always work for a number of things.

Jim

--
Jim

More and more, science is showing that animals, even "simple" ones, have
awareness and feelings. There is no hard divide, as the rape-the-earth
crowd would have us believe..