[Tutor] How to present python experience (self-taught) to potential employer

Jing Ai jai633 at g.rwu.edu
Fri Aug 23 05:52:45 CEST 2013

@Amit
Thank you for your suggestions!  I'll look into the data there and see if
there's something relevant that I can use to do a project.  Yes I believe
it would involve some data analysis (and I may need to learn R as well or
use RPy).  Do you think one project is sufficient to demonstrate my skills
if it's in-depth? Or does it take several projects?

@Japhy
Thanks for your response.  I don't really mean that I can't think of any
problems in my fields of study, but rather that I'm inexperienced in
selecting a specific problem that's appropriate (not too simple or complex)
to work with based on my current Python experience.  I agree that python
skills are demonstrated through writing though.