[Tutor] XMLRPC question

Don Jennings dfjennings at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 12:52:23 CEST 2013

On Aug 29, 2013, at 3:37 AM, Ismar Sehic wrote:

> Hello,
> I should write a python script(s) that listens to an existing XMLRPC service on my company's dev server.

Yes, you should do that. Then, if you have problems, you should show some of your code to the fine tutors here, and they'll be happy to help you out :>)

> My utility should take some data from that XMLRPC, send it to an online xml service provider(it's something about hotel accomodation, where they have xml patterns for different requests), then they return their response to me, also in xml data interchange format.then i should parse that and return to the existing XML-RPC, or write the parsed data to the Posgresql database.The thing is, i know something about XML parsing, i know also something about XMLRPC,

That's good, but we have no idea what you know, unless you tell us.

> but i'm not permitted to edit the existing XMLRPC service.Can anyone just tell me what is the shortest and the best solution for this problem, and give me some guidelines for my project?

In answer to the question you asked, yes (but they'll probably want your paycheck ;>)

A quick search [1] yields a couple of promising articles [2] [3]. Including Doug Hellman's work in our search [4] provides another resource [5].

Take care,
Don

[1] https://duckduckgo.com/?q=python+xmlrpc
[2] http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-pyth10/index.html