[Tutor] Hash map and dictionaries

Danny Yoo dyoo at hashcollision.org
Mon Dec 2 21:24:47 CET 2013

> It is also said that in a list of may be 10,000 elements(specifically
> integers), hash maps would be a better option to find the occurrence of
> repetitive integers

There's a lot of passive voice here, so I have no idea who you mean by
this.  Attribution would be nice; otherwise, it almost sounds like you're
quoting from scripture.  :P

I'd even argue that, depending on the problem domain, it may not be the
best option.  See Jon Bentley's "Programming Pearls", chapter 1, for
example:

    http://netlib.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/pearls/cto.html

where the basic lesson is that context matters.