[Tutor] Tutor Digest, Vol 118, Issue 99

Keith Winston keithwins at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 08:53:28 CET 2013

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 2:14 AM, <tutor-request at python.org> wrote:

> I don't like the terms "class variable" and "instance variable". In the
> Python community, these are usually called class and instance attributes
> rather than variables or members.

Hey Steven, that was a very generous explanation. Thanks! Very clear. I was
floundering over the simple name/concept of attibute, and it had undermined
my reading of other material. Your examples were extremely helpful. I think
I understood everything you said (after a second reading). I keep hearing
about how Python creates namespaces which I think are dictionaries, I'm
going to have to look into that further to understand how some of this fits
together. I think that's where Python is going when you're talking about
looking up attributes (and it would include methods too, unless they're
still functions... maybe they're methods for instances and functions for
classes? Ok, I don't get that part yet).

Anyway, thanks again
--
Keith