[Tutor] The Charms of Gmail

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 11:21:34 CET 2013

On Dec 22, 2013 1:20 AM, "Keith Winston" <keithwins at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 6:00 AM, <tutor-request at python.org> wrote:
>>
>> I'm unsure as to what the subject line has in common with class and
>> instance variables, would you care to explain it please.
>

> I'm sorry Mark, I'm stuck with using gmail where I have to remember to
delete the (essentially invisible) included text of the entire digest I'm
responding to, and change the (entirely invisible) subject line. It

The problem is that you're responding to the digest. Change your
subscription to receive individual messages. Create a filter that
automatically puts the tutor list emails under a particular label and skips
the inbox so that the list doesn't clutter your inbox. Then you'll have a
folder of correctly threaded emails from the list. When you reply to one
email the subject line will be automatically set and only the previous
message will be quoted.

Oscar