[Tutor] certain packages won't install

Matthew Ngaha chigga101 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 00:10:13 CET 2013

hey i've tried installing a few packages with pip that failed. i'm on
windows and python3.3. I have tried 'pip install pycurl' and 'pip
install flup' which is something i need for django. I tried flup today
and what bothers me is even though it failed, it's making some temp
folders in places i never look at.

here's the error:

  File "appdata\local\temp\pip-build-happylions\flup\setup.py"
, line 2, in <module>

    from ez_setup import use_setuptools

  File ".\ez_setup.py", line 98

    except pkg_resources.VersionConflict, e:

                                        ^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

pycurl is in the same location if you replace \flup\ with \pycurl\ in
that path above. It has a full directory with even a Makefile in it,
yet the pip install failed. I'm a bit confused that these directories
have been in these hard to find places and i haven't known. But it
also makes me question if i did something wrong? directories usually
won't be created if the install fails. Is there another way to install
these packages? especially flup?