[Tutor] print in py3

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Dec 23 00:31:08 CET 2013

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 12:42:30PM -0500, Keith Winston wrote:

> The other part of my question was: how did you find that PEP? I started
> looking, and it seemed like I could have taken hours, even though I sort of
> knew what I was looking for. You must have had a reasonably efficient
> search strategy/tool.

I googled for "Python PEP", went to the index page, and then used my
browser's local Find Text command to search for any PEPs that mentioned
"print" in the title.

https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=python+pep

The first link found gives PEP 0, the index of all other PEPs:

http://www.python.org/dev/peps/

and then I just hit Ctrl-F, typed "print", and Jane's yer auntie :-)

On the other hand, if I had added one extra word, and googled for
"python pep print", the first link found would have been the right link:

https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=python+pep+print

--
Steven