[Tutor] How to post: Was Re: The Charms of Gmail

Andy McKenzie amckenzie4 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 16:17:19 CET 2013

You know what?  I've been lurking here a long time.  I've asked a few
questions and gotten a few useful responses.

But overwhelmingly, when I think of this list, I find that my instinctive
response is "Full of rude, arrogant people."

So screw this.  I don't need to keep reading insults to people who are
trying to ask reasonable questions.  I don't need to read long rants about
how GMail is ruining the world and all its users ought to be banned.  I
don't need to watch people be harassed for daring to top-post.  There's at
least one post in every thread I read here that makes me think "This guy's
a jerk... why am I reading this?"

I'm done.  With the list, and possibly with Python... it doesn't seem to do
much that other languages I like don't do, and the loudest portion of the
language's advocates -- not the majority, just the loudest -- are just
plain obnoxious.  I don't need that in my life.

Good luck to all of you, and I hope your lives are pleasant.  And I hope
those of you who don't currently know learn how to treat people politely.

Andy McKenzie