[Tutor] same python script now running much slower

Protas, Meredith ProtasM at vision.ucsf.edu
Mon Dec 30 19:37:50 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm very new to python so I'm sorry about such a basic question.

I am using a python script generated by another person.  I have used this script multiple times before and it takes around 24 hours to run.  Recently, I have tried to run the script again (the same exact command lines) and it is much much slower.  I have tried on two different computers with the same result.  I used top to see if there were any suspicious functions that were happening but there seems to not be.  I also ran another python script I used before and that went at the same speed as before so the problem seems unique to the first python script.

Does anyone have any idea why it is so much slower now than it used to be (just around a month ago).

Thanks for your help!

Meredith