[Tutor] How to create a GUI for python using tkinter

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 5 19:38:52 CET 2013

On 05/02/13 09:38, Aaron Misquith wrote:

> 2.Is there a way to automate getting access tokens for the user that is
> logging in? If not how to get access tokens for each user while logging in?

No idea, you'll need to ask on a Facebook programming list. This one
only deals with Python programming issues.

> 3.How to dislpay text with clickable links.
>     Eg: Something thing like alert box, wherein if you click the link
> you go to the page.

Presumably you need to construct a URL. I'm not sure where you want
these links but if its in the PDF you'll need to find out how PDFs do
URLs... Find one and open it, or look at Reportlab again.

> 4. Finally my lecturer has asked me to create a gui for the facebook
> login program using tkinter library module. I don't know how to create
> one

Then read the tutorials online. You can start with the GUI topic in my
tutoroial, then go to the TKinter section of the Python web site. There
are at least 2 other excellent tkinter reference sites and the Tcl/Tk
pages have a lot of good detail too.

HTH
--
Alan G