[Tutor] How to log process handles and GDI objects in python

Pai, Yogesh M Yogesh.M.Pai at tektronix.com
Mon Feb 11 05:25:02 CET 2013

Hi Alan,

Here are the additional details:
Python version: 2.7.3
OS version: Windows 7 -64 bit

I have an application that has a automation layer built in python. During every subsequent runs, I want to log the process threads and GDI objects ( the one you see in the Windows task manager) in my python code- The idea is to use this data to generate a plot to check if the application leaks memory in a long run. Although I can use a third-party app to log this, is it possible to import certain library in python and log these windows attributes during the execution?

Thanks,
Yogesh