[Tutor] How to log process handles and GDI objects in python

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 11 18:46:43 CET 2013

On 11/02/13 04:25, Pai, Yogesh M wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> Here are the additional details:
> Python version: 2.7.3
> OS version: Windows 7 -64 bit
>
> I have an application that has a automation layer built in python.
> During every subsequent runs, I want to log the process threads and GDI objects
 > ( the one you see in the Windows task manager) in my python code

You can definitely do it from Python using the Win32 API (which is in
turn available in Python via ctypes or the pythonwin package).

But its a bit beyond the scope of this list, I'd suggest you will get
more results on the Win32 mailing list (also on Gmane)...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site