[Tutor] sending a wav file to a website?

richard kappler richkappler at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 21:48:56 CET 2013

Maybe way off scope here, I hope not. I just can't get the accuracy I need
with pocketsphinx at the moment(though I continue to work on it). Google's
webkit-speech actually works pretty durned well, here's an example:
http://slides.html5rocks.com/#speech-input  But that doesn't really solve
any problems either.

So the question is, how do I get a wav file to a website like the one
listed above and retrieve the text result using python (or don't I)? I've
looked at and played around with urllib, I get how it works, I'm pretty
comfy with it, but it seems to be for sending text only? Or is it?  I can
use rec in the terminal (command line) to record speech into a wav file,
I'm pretty sure I can figure out how to make it start and stop recording as
desired, (yes, I've looked at pyaudio, my system crashed when I used it
this morning, come to find out that may be a different problem so will look
again), but sending the wav file to the url and retrieving the text for
further processing has me a bit baffled.

Any ideas?

regards, Richard

--

quando omni flunkus moritati