[Tutor] Python API

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 17 10:01:59 CET 2013

On 17/02/13 03:21, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On 17/02/13 12:34, Alan Gauld wrote:
>
>> It's unusual for any website to allow other people to change it.
>
> *cough*
>
> You may have heard of a little site called "Wikipedia"... ?

Yep, that's why I said 'unusual' not 'unknown'. :-)

But wiki's are a very special type of web site. You could argue the same
for Facebook etc although they work more like collections of web sites.

> Some of these require a login account, but since there are few or no
> restrictions on who can get an account, that is not a big deal.

There are few restrictions on access but there are often restrictions on
what you can do to them. You can't go onto wikipedia and change
the style or layout  of the pages. Also many are moderated before posts
show up. I doubt very much if you could just go in and overlay a
wikipedia page with an iFrame containing an Encyclopedia Britannica
article on the same subject.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site