[Tutor] Tutor Digest, Vol 106, Issue 74

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Wed Jan 2 03:12:53 CET 2013

Brandon,

Please trim your response to only the parts of the email that are actually
relevant. As given, you have duplicated SIX emails which we have already
seen and don't need to see again, at least not in full, multiple hundreds
of lines of text.

Also, please ensure that you use a sensible, meaningful subject line.
"Re: [Tutor] Tutor Digest, Vol 106, Issue 74" means nothing.

More below.

On 02/01/13 12:27, Brandon Merritt wrote:
> Sorry, I should have been more clear in what I was trying to accomplish. I
> am trying to build the latin square as follows:
>
> 1234567
> 2345671
> 3456712
> 4567123
> 5671234
> 6712345
> 7123456

Right. So start off by writing down how you would do this in ordinary
English:

Step 1: Write down the list 1234567.
Step 2: Take the digits above, move the first digit to the end, and
         write it down.
Step 3: Repeat Step 2 five more times. (Six times in total.)

Now try turning that into Python code. Good luck!

--
Steven