[Tutor] Flow charts

Ed Owens eowens0124 at gmx.com
Thu Jan 10 03:26:15 CET 2013

I'm working my way through Chun's book "Core Python Applications
Programming" and can't get one of the examples to actually work.  In
trying to analyze the problem (good learning approach) I had troubles
understanding the interactions between the two classes of objects.  As
an old FORTRAN programmer, I picked up my pencil to flowchart the code,
then realized I didn't know how to flowchart an OOP.

Google led me to UML (Unified Modeling Language) and OMG (apparently Oh
My God!!!).  Looks more complicated than the code I'm trying to understand.

It there a technique that people use to figure out how do design OOP
models, objects, and the information flow?

Thanks for helping a newby.
Ed