[Tutor] how can i use python 2 alongside 3?

Dave Angel d at davea.name
Thu Jan 24 17:38:05 CET 2013

On 01/24/2013 11:11 AM, Matthew Ngaha wrote:

>> Python 3.3 for Windows comes with a "launcher", which will approximate (for
>> Python only) what Unix and Linux users have had for years for any scripting
>> language.  You can get it separately, as Mark Lawrence has said, but maybe
>> it's time to bring your 3.x current.
>>
> there was a lot of reading in the previous links, i got a bit lost as
> i didnt recognize a lot of the words they were using. If i install
> Pyhon 3.3 do i need to uninstall my current python 3.1 and reinstall
> all the downloaded modules/packages i installed?

I don't really know, so all the rest of this message is a guess.  My
guess is that 3.1 and 3.3 can coexist, but that you'd need to reinstall
the modules/packages that you're using, and hope that they all can
handle 3.3

When upgrading a minor upgrade (eg. from 3.1.1 to 3.1.2), I believe it'd
go in the same place, and not require reinstalling the packages.

--
DaveA