[Tutor] Error in Game

bob gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 15:33:20 CEST 2013

On 7/2/2013 4:22 PM, Jack Little wrote:
> I know the code is correct
As Joel said- how could it be, since you do not get the desired results?

When posting questions tell us:
- what version of Python?
- what operating system?
- what you use to edit (write) your code
- what you do to run your code
copy and paste the execution

> , but it doesn't send the player to the shop. Here is the code:
>
> def lvl3_2():
>     print "You beat level 3!"
>     print "Congratulations!"
>     print "You have liberated the Bristol Channel!"
>     print "[Y] to go to the shop or [N] to advance."
> final1=raw_input(">>")
>     if final1.lower()=="y":
>         shop2()
>     elif final1.lower()=="n":
>         lvl4()
It is a good idea to add an else clause to handle the case where the
user's entry does not match the if or elif tests.

It is not a good idea to use recursion to navigate a game structure. It
is better to have each function return to a main program, have the main
program determine the next step and invoke it.

> Help?
Since we are volunteers, the more you tell us the easier it is for us to
do that.

--
Bob Gailer
919-636-4239