[Tutor] please return flys in ointment

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 20:05:08 CEST 2013

On 8 July 2013 18:16, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
 I wouldn't even call it an Error, since it's actually a
> limitation of Jim's code, not an actual error.

Good point. But since I'm using try-except on input anyway, largely
for int-checking, i figured why not use it? Putting in warn or
something like that would just complicate matters.

I'm a chicken about input since webmasters have some demented people
putting all sorts of odd javascript, PHP, and SQL into input to see if
they can wreak some damage ;')

BTW, everything has an upside. With my computer time limited by a heat
wave and another complication, I'm reading the data model I already
had printed, and cleared up my misapprehension that complex numbers
were kind-of integers, since 3 + 2j looks integral. I see all sorts of
things I missed on a first reading ;')

Jim

Most American jurors are not told, by power-mad judges, that they can
disregard the law, the evidence, and the instructions of the judge, if
they feel a law is unfair, and render a verdict of "innocent". They
are kept in the dark about this right, called Jury Nullification.