[Tutor] New Python 3.3.2 Install Fails to Start-Up

Nathan Schlaffer nathanschlaffer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 07:43:25 CEST 2013

Dear Tutor,

I have a Windows 7 Laptop. I installed Python Version 3.3.2 this morning
and it worked fine. Then I tried to run a program someone else wrote (see
below), and Python closed. Then I couldn't get Python to restart even after
rebooting several times. I then uninstalled Python, rebooted, cleaned the
Windows registry, and reinstalled Python from scratch. But I stilll
couldn't start Python, so I tried uninstalling Python and using a restore
point several times with no success. I still can't make Python run from the
IDLE (Python GUI) on the start menu. Can anybody please help me?

Second, I tried to run my Python programs today via IDLE but when I checked
the Edit Menu I couldn't find a Run Menu to execute or run my program. How
do I run a program once I have written the code in IDLE?

Sincerely,
Nathan Schlaffer
E-mail: nathanschlaffer at gmail.com