[Tutor] importing into a function

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 20:47:40 CEST 2013

On 11 July 2013 11:27, Chris Calloway <cbc at unc.edu> wrote:

> Ditto this. Wing is the awesome. The support is unbelievably great.

I tried a ton of them. The java-based ones are horrid. Others are
always missing little things. I just tried another, for instance, but
it doesn't put itself on the All Programs start menu except, rather
oddly, for the uninstall. It's almost like they are encouraging you to
get rid of it.  So you have to go find it right off. Missing little
things like that is annoying, and a sign of bad things to come, IMHO
;'). If you are installing to Windows, you of course put yourself on
the All Programs menu, which is the first place you look for a program
you haven't pinned or cluttered on to the desktop.

A lot of the IDE stuff may not be Necessary, and final test should be
in the DOS box, but there's not much sense in using an IDE at all if
it doesn't have everything to make life easy, very sensibly arranged,
when you Do need something like a debugger or some snippets (an
essential since I have a truly rotten memory ;')

--
Jim

Although the darling of health faddists, there is no such thing as
canola oil, since there is no canola plant - it's genetically modified
rapeseed oil given a nicer name ;')