[Tutor] Bug? multiprocessing.JoinableQueue

Jordan wolfrage8765 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 05:21:53 CEST 2013

Hello Tutors.  I think I found a bug in multiprocessing.JoinableQueue().
My OS is Linux Mint 15 64-bit
Python 3.3.1 (default, Apr 17 2013, 22:30:32)
[GCC 4.7.3] on linux

Expected Results are achieved with queue.Queue() Like So:
 >>> import queue
 >>> test = queue.Queue
 >>> test = queue.Queue()
 >>> test.get(block=True, timeout=1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
   File "/usr/lib/python3.3/queue.py", line 175, in get
     raise Empty
queue.Empty

The interactive session paused/waited for about 1 second.

The Bug or Unexpected Results with multiprocessing.JoinableQueue()
 >>> import multiprocessing
 >>> test = multiprocessing.JoinableQueue()
 >>> test.get(block=True, timeout=1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
   File "/usr/lib/python3.3/multiprocessing/queues.py", line 109, in get
     raise Empty
queue.Empty

The interactive session returns immediately, no pause or wait.
If I use timeout=1.01 then the interactive session pauses as expected,
or any number other than 1 for the matter.

Can others please confirm?
If it is confirmed can you provide guidance about how to properly report
the bug?
Thank you.
--
Jordan