[Tutor] Network PC additional fields

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Fri Jul 19 19:34:18 CEST 2013

Hi Ethan,

Can you add some descriptive fields by ip address?  I'm thinking things
like what this machine is used for; who accesses it; what other systems
does it depend on; where is it backed up to; etc.  General information
that really doesn't have another home.

On that note, a thought comes to mind.  In VSDS (the system I started
writing in the 70s that TRU is running) I created a sidekick-ish
interface that was invoked with the F1 key part of which was a memo pad
of 40 pages that I used in a variety of ways to keep notes on various
topics.  The initial display was two columns of 20 rows of page 'Titles'
that expanded to full pages of text when selected.  I'm thinking we may
want something similar available within openERP.  We can enter free form
notes on the various Note tabs we have now, and extending that such that
we can pre-configure 'required' page titles by application for use as
Note tabs would allow us to enter any additional memo content.

Give it some thought and we can expand on the idea over time.

Emile