[Tutor] slashes in paths

Marc Tompkins marc.tompkins at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 23:15:49 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Jim Mooney <cybervigilante at gmail.com>wrote:

> so I should just walk the python27 tree and write my own box drawing
> chars? Or is there a more global alternative to DOS box-drawing chars to
> illustrate a tree structure, other than graphic processing?

You could do worse...  Again, my issue with TREE is that it willfully
throws away information (non-ASCII characters in filenames) before passing
it on to you.  As a result, the tree you print out may not correspond to
the actual filesystem structure, and there's nothing you can do about it.
If that's not a problem for you, go for it.