[Tutor] unichr not working as expected

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue Jul 23 16:28:06 CEST 2013

On 24/07/13 00:14, Dave Angel wrote:
> On 07/23/2013 02:10 AM, Jim Mooney wrote:
>> On 22 July 2013 21:00, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
>>

>>> (By the way, you're very naughty. The code you show *cannot possibly
>>> generate the error you claim it generates*. Bad Jim, no biscuit!)
>>>

>> I know. I need a personal github.
>
> git is free, and is usually installed on individual machines.  It's also easy to set up and use for a single user.

I prefer Mercurial (also known as hg). The Python core developers use it for compiler development, and in my opinion, hg is easier to use than git. (Although, in fairness, they're both pretty easy.) hg is cleaner than git, being written in Python, while git is an unholy mess of C, Perl and bash that will suck your brain out if you try to understand it, unless you are Linus Torvalds. And there are some awesome hg tutorials out there:

http://hginit.com/
http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Tutorial

(I trust that everyone remembers enough high school chemistry to understand why Mercurial is called hg? Hg is the chemical symbol for Mercury.)

--
Steven