[Tutor] unichr not working as expected

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Tue Jul 23 17:08:10 CEST 2013

On 07/23/2013 10:28 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On 24/07/13 00:14, Dave Angel wrote:

>>> I know. I need a personal github.
>>
>> git is free, and is usually installed on individual machines.  It's
>> also easy to set up and use for a single user.
>
> I prefer Mercurial (also known as hg). The Python core developers use it
> for compiler development, and in my opinion, hg is easier to use than
> git. (Although, in fairness, they're both pretty easy.) hg is cleaner
> than git, being written in Python, while git is an unholy mess of C,
> Perl and bash that will suck your brain out if you try to understand it,
> unless you are Linus Torvalds. And there are some awesome hg tutorials
> out there:
>
> http://hginit.com/
> http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Tutorial
>
> (I trust that everyone remembers enough high school chemistry to
> understand why Mercurial is called hg? Hg is the chemical symbol for
> Mercury.)

My comment was in response to github.  I've never investigated
Mercurial.  In various companies over the years, I've used probably a
dozen different source control systems, and git was the latest, and to
my thinking, best of them.

I also installed git on this machine a couple of days ago, so the
easy-start link was handy.

--
DaveA