[Tutor] Need Help Modifying a wxPython GUI (scrolling display and logging)

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 3 20:38:27 CEST 2013

On 03/06/13 15:01, Matt D wrote:

> I am using an open source wxPython GUI that I like very very much. I
> have ideas about some modifications I need but I cannot be bothering the
> author too much so I must learn some very specific things about Python

OK, we can help on the python bits but not so much on the wxPython
library. For that you'd be better off using the wxPython mailing list.

> For starters I would like the values to be displayed on the GUI in some
> sort of a scrolling panel as they are cleared from the TextCtrl fields

Assuming the GUI uses a standard Text control then I think it should be
possible to turn that into a scrolled pane and then just stop the delete
code from deleting. ie make the new text appear below the existing
stuff. Is that what you want?

I'm fairly sure you can add scroll bars to the wxPython Text widget...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site