[Tutor] Future Python

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 21:58:18 CEST 2013

On 5 June 2013 06:35, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 05/06/2013 12:45, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

>> Of course, this has an easy explanation: the poster had the clock on his
>> computer set to the wrong date, so his email also showed the wrong date.
>>

> Or he borrowed Guido's time machine? :)

That's a relief. Of course, Guido has seen the future of programming.
The majority of our processing is visual, and we Love consistent
patterns, which is why everyone leaves the farm for the big city. As a
former freelance webmaster (due to dislike of dealing with cheap
customers, not incapacity), I recall the tortured line-endings of a
nested Jquery chain, that made your eyes spin. The funny thing is,
when they didn't work, you'd break them up into different lines, and
indent them like, like, Python, so you could figure out what you'd
done. This is so much easier on the eyes than jQuery. But Guido says
"..no Python for browsers," alas. Hopefully, he's not too prescient.
Why not javascript And Python for browsers? There just has to be
enough of a clamor for it.

Jim
"Would you  use Internet Explorer if someone put a gun to your head?"
"How big is the gun?"