[Tutor] Question regarding the 'chr' function

Colin Clayton colincclayton at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 20:56:29 CEST 2013

Hi everyone, I am fairly new to the Python language and have come from a
background of Google's App Inventor Block Language. I'm having trouble
understanding what the 'chr' function does? I have yet to find a tutorial
or information online relating to the 'chr' function  that really clicks
with me. If I want to make an AsciiChart function that returns a string
that is an AsciiChart using the 'chr' function how would I do this? I don't
expect or need code as an answer, I'm really just looking for an
explanation of the possible logic.
Please let me know if you have any ideas.
Thanks!

-Colin