[Tutor] Trying to get mp3play-0.1.15 module to work on Windows 7

Michael Sparks michaelsparks37 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 19:48:07 CEST 2013

I read Practical Programming, chapter 4 and I know how to write and use my
own modules on IDLE for Python 3.2 but now I switched to version 2.7 and I
don't know how to use a downloaded module such as mp3play-0.1.15 written by
Michael Gundlach. I got Python 2.5, 2.7 and 3.2 on my computer at home and
I prefer 2.7 for it's modern use (esp. with Csound). I'm using this
computer in a coffee shop for internet. I can make small downloads onto my
pen drive and transfer them to my laptop at home (well "so-called" home;
It's a sober house and I've been sober for a month except for nicoteen,
coffee and meds. All I need is one more month in Port Hardy, I believe.).

The zip archive contains py files example.py and setup.py in the root
directory of the zip including another folder called mp3play containing
__init__.py and windows.py including matching pyc files for __init__ and
windows. I could e-mail Gundlach himself but I thought I'd ask at least one
of you first.

Couldn't figure it out even with the documentation yesterday so please
teach me as if I know nothing about it.

I just want to see If I can play an mp3 in Python.
even though I know the/some basics of IDLE, I still have a fair guessing
time with the Wing 101 IDE (lite/light version).