[Tutor] sqlite question

Khalid Al-Ghamdi emailkgnow at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 12:20:20 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have a dictionary with keys as employee badges and values as their names.
Both key and value are strings.

I want to read the badges from a sql select and use that to look up the
names in the dictionary. But since the result is a tuple, it doesnt' work.

how can i overcome this?

   1. >>> for data in cur.execute('select badge from sched'):
   2.         r_data()[data]
   3.
   4.
   5. Traceback (most recent call last):
   6.   File "<pyshell#19>", line 2, in <module>
   7.     r_data()[data]
   8. KeyError: (80385,)

   PS: the r_data () above is just a func that returns the before mentioned
   dictionary. Here is r_data().

   1. def r_data():
      3.     with open('data.csv') as f:
      4.         reader = csv.reader(f)
      5.         for sn, badge, name, grp, major, track, stage, tc, subject,
       course in reader:
      6.             d[badge]=name
      7.     return d