[Tutor] Is there a programmatic use for keys() and values()

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 21:48:35 CEST 2013

On 15 June 2013 11:51, Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick <kwpolska at gmail.com> wrote:

> The standard use is:
>
>     for k, v in d.items():
>        do_stuff_with_dict_items_here()

Yes, they're easy to get  keys = [x for x in d], or  vals = [d[x] for x in d]

It's just that Python usually does what I expect and presents me with
something useful. All I can do is look at the d.keys or d.values
result. But then, I could look at a usable list or tuple just as
easily, so I'm surprised they made it kind of useless.

--
Jim
After indictment the bacon smuggler was put on the no-fry list